Tuesday 8 June 2010

Inspired by Stephen Silver

Right, I have actually decided I am at my creative best at silly hours in the morning.

I've spent the evening, most productively, watching animations on Youtube (varying from Goth Lyfe to Video Game Dudes to Clerks)
Clerks inspired me, so I looked up Stephen Stone who did the design for it and spent about half an hour looking at his website. I always loved the designs he did for ol' cartoons I used to watch like Danny Phantom and Kim Possible.

Here's some rough attempts at his style. I left in the initial sketches because I always like them for some reason.
(These look so much better in the thumbnails than the full-size images!)



(I hope this to be the first cartoon character to wear a Katatonia shirt. And also for that to be the shittiest drawn guitar in history.)




To finish, here's a decidedly creepy self-portrait:

No comments:

Post a Comment